Image-guided therapy plays a key role in healthcare quality and personalisation and uses multiple imaging modalities during minimally-invasive surgery. The procedure however typically adds complexity:
- Physicians struggle with amount of data acquired while deriving meaningful insights,
- Overload of information and high level of manual interaction leads to fatigue,
- Risk of serious medical errors and overlooked abnormalities.
Provide physicians control of clinical procedures by assisting or partly automating their tasks during image-guided therapy.
- Precision diagnosis and personalised treatment planning technologies will automatically perform image segmentation and intuitively display relevant,
- Robotic systems will be combined and integrated with medical imaging equipment in order to assist physicians during device manipulation,
- Advanced 3D visualisation, augmented reality and virtual reality will create immersive medical images for the straightforward interpretation of complex anatomical structures and guidance during treatment.
Results and impact
- Labour-intensive interpretation of multiple imaging and data sources
- Simplification of diagnosis and treatment
- Improved diagnoses and shorter, less invasive treatments with faster recovery times
ASSIST aims to reverse these trends to enable better health outcomes, lower costs and improved staff and patient experiences.